Monday

I am back from Loufest.

Built to Spill ruled.
snapshot
Jeff Tweedy solo
artwork at Loufest
St.Louis has finally established a music festival! It was held in Forest Park this past weekend and attracted all ages. I had not been to Forest Park in awhile, if ever, and absolutely loved it. It's filled with beautiful lawns, museums, and something called the Jewel Box (that holds endless amounts of plants). Unfortantly, there was no time left in our visit for all of that, but we will hopefully return soon.
During the two days of Loufest, we were able to see a wide variety of music. The headliners being: Built to Spill and Broken Social Scene on Saturday evening, and Jeff Tweedy solo and She&Him on Sunday night. With other bands playing throughout the day, some even local, it was all around great music. Good friends and a pleasant atmosphere is what I would call a good weekend, although I did miss a good friends birthday.
It's back to reality now, at the start of the week. School and work will fulfill my week, but I will hopefully squeeze a quick trip to the State Fair in. So, heres to an enjoyable week ahead.
-jo

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! I would LOVE to hear a Jeff Tweedy solo!! She & Him rock also! Love their song "I Thought I Saw Your Face Today."

    ReplyDelete

Enjoyed my journal? Let me know what you think. (please leave your name if you can.)